We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cauliflower appeared in Russia rather late - at the beginning of the 19th century. By this time, Russian cuisine had already had time to finally form, and there was no place for a new unprecedented vegetable in it. Despite the fact that it was possible to find it on many counters, cabbage was bought reluctantly and very rarely.
For a long time, they did not remember about cauliflower, and it began to appear on the kitchen table of our hostesses not very long ago. Only with the advent of ovens, first gas, and then electric, this annoying gap began to gradually fill. They began to bake cabbage, both as an independent dish and together with other products.
For most oven-cooked cauliflower dishes, boil it until half cooked, or a little longer. To a lesser extent, this applies to the actual casseroles, where cabbage is poured with various liquids or sauces. Cauliflower can be boiled in milk.
There are many options for baked cauliflower dishes:
- on a baking sheet;
- in foil;
- in pots;
- in the sleeve, etc.
Preheat the oven to the desired temperature.
How long does it take to bake?
How much baked cauliflower is cooked? Cauliflower is a tender vegetable and cooks quickly.
Pre-cooking takes 5-10 minutes. It is brought to readiness for about 20 minutes, with a head of cabbage - about an hour.
Before you cook, the cauliflower should be sorted out, washed in cold water... It is not superfluous to pour the head of cabbage with cold salted water with vinegar and set aside for half an hour or an hour. During this time, all insects and worms will emerge, which, as the old cookbook says, is much more pleasant than a chance meeting with them on a plate.
Step-by-step recipes for cooking vegetables with photos
Next, you will see simple and delicious recipes for cooking baked cauliflower with a photo.
The casserole cannot be spoiled. It looks very appetizing - on the outside there is a ruddy crust, but inside it is tender and melts in the mouth. Casseroles are hearty but also low in calories (unless, of course, you overdo it with cheese, butter or sour cream). Both fresh and frozen vegetables are suitable here (see a separate article for recipes for cooking frozen cauliflower in the oven). Having understood the "structure" of such a casserole, the hostess herself will then be able to endlessly surprise her family and guests with her next "novelty".
For a casserole, boiled or blanched cauliflower is poured with some kind of sauce, sprinkled with grated cheese, and sent to the oven.
All casseroles are served hot only - with heat, with heat. To cook them in advance and then reheat them is a profanity.
The amount of cabbage listed in all of the following recipes is approximately 0.5 kg (one medium head).
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Low-fat sour cream - 1 glass.
- Cheese (hard) - 150 g.
- Butter - 1 tbsp. the spoon.
- Salt, Italian herb blend, pepper, nutmeg.
- Boil the cabbage.
- Beat eggs with sour cream and spices.
- Grate the cheese, add half to the mixture.
- Grease the mold with oil.
- Put cabbage in it (no more than 2/3 of the volume).
- Pour over the egg and sour cream mixture, sprinkle with the remaining cheese. 7. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
Under the luxurious Italian name of the herb "oregano", there is an ordinary Russian oregano (Origanum vulgare).
We suggest making a cauliflower casserole with herbs according to the video recipe:
- Sausages (or boiled sausage) - 200 g.
- Cream - a glass.
- Flour - 2 tablespoons.
- Hard cheese - 100 g.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Butter - 20 g.
- Salt, pepper, paprika, spices, herbs.
- Boil (you can - steam) the cabbage until half cooked.
- Lightly fry the flour in butter, pour in the cream, stir and boil.
Flour can be fried in a dry skillet. Dissolve the flour with a little cream. Boil the rest of the cream, add the prepared flour.
With this method, there will be no lumps. You will get a thick sauce, not jelly - the toasted flour does not gel.
- Cut into sausages or sausage.
- Coat the form with oil, put the cabbage, sausages.
- Sprinkle with paprika, herbs. Salt.
- Drive eggs into the cooled sauce, add half of the cheese.
- Pour the mold, put in the oven (200 degrees) for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180, cover with the remaining cheese, brown.
The cauliflower roasting options are endless... We will give a brief overview here, focusing only on the essential points of the preparation of each dish.
The cheese added to the mixture can be any - including processed. First, you need to knead it with a fork.
How to bake cauliflower with cheese is written here.
We suggest making a cauliflower casserole according to the video recipe:
Batter - flour shaken with eggs and water - sometimes carbonated. Fried in batter in vegetable oil, dried on a paper towel.
We offer to cook cauliflower in batter according to the video recipe:
Cut off the stump, put on a baking sheet. Cabbage is coated with sour cream, olive oil, garlic and spices are added... Sprinkle with cheese.
We offer to cook whole baked cauliflower according to the video recipe:
Fried chicken is cut into pieces, mixed with prepared cabbage... Pour with sauce, or bake in the sleeve (this option is less caloric).
We suggest cooking cauliflower baked with chicken according to the video recipe:
Pork is traditionally used. The meat is pre-fried. In some recipes, the meat is kept in a kind of marinade. from mustard and onions.
Boiled potatoes will be an excellent addition to cauliflower with meat.
How to bake cauliflower with different types of meat is described in our material.
With minced meat
Any mince is suitable, including chicken. An interesting recipe for making stuffed cauliflowerwhole baked. Minced meat is fried with carrots and onions, the stump is cut deeply, trying to prevent the head of cabbage from falling apart, and all empty places are stuffed with minced meat.
We suggest cooking cauliflower with minced meat according to the video recipe:
It is prepared quickly and easily, it turns out delicious. Cabbage is poured with cream with grated cheese added there. Variants are possible.
More options for making cauliflower with cream can be found here.
With sour cream
Sour cream goes both into the filling mixture and for coating whole head of cabbage. Additional components and methods of preparation - absolutely any.
You can find cooking options for cauliflower with sour cream here.
We offer to cook cauliflower with sour cream sauce according to the video recipe:
With béchamel sauce
Classic sauce. In the simplest case it is necessary to lightly fry the flour in butter, add milk or cream, boil, add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Used as a base for pouring before baking.
We offer to cook cauliflower with béchamel sauce according to the video recipe:
Any vegetables or mushrooms are added to cauliflower... The cooking technology is determined by the recipe.
More recipes for making cauliflower with potatoes and other vegetables are written in a separate article.
We suggest cooking cauliflower with tomatoes according to the video recipe:
It should be added that eggs after long heat treatment are difficult to digest and this point sometimes needs to be taken into account.
Learn how to cook cauliflower with egg, cheese and other ingredients in this article.
We offer to cook cauliflower with egg according to the video recipe:
Cauliflower is a dietary product in itself. This is determined by its composition. Follow your doctor's recommendations when choosing cauliflower diet meals.
Cauliflower is a favorite of vegetarians. Its inflorescences contain an impressive array of:
- vitamins: B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, E, H, K, PP, C;
- phosphorus, etc.
100 g of its substance contains 2.5 g of protein, 0.3 g of fat and 4.2 g of carbohydrates.
Oven-baked cauliflower to delight vegetarians a variety of flavors. It never hurts to combine it in a recipe with other delicious ingredients.
Up my sleeve
- Cabbage - 400 g.
- Small squash.
- Young potatoes - 100 g.
- Fresh hot green peppers to taste.
- Hot pepper - on the tip of a knife.
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Soy sauce - 2 tbsp spoons.
- Any spice mixture to taste.
- Dill (branches), herbs.
- Prepare vegetables, chop.
- Disassemble the cabbage into cocks.
- Mix, add spices and green pepper cut into thin rings.
- Add vegetable oil and soy sauce.
- Transfer to a baking sleeve, add dill branches there.
- Bake for half an hour at 180 degrees.
- Cabbage - 500 g.
- Champignons - 200 g.
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Milk or cream - a glass.
- Hard cheese - 100 g.
- Disassemble the cabbage, boil.
- Fry finely chopped onions in oil, add thinly chopped mushrooms, simmer until the liquid boils away.
- Mix vegetables, transfer to a mold.
- Pour the shaken milk and mayonnaise mixture over the mold.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bake for half an hour at 220 degrees.
We offer to cook cauliflower with mushrooms according to the video recipe:
It is not fitting for the fasting to indulge in the excesses of gluttony.
Therefore, the recipes given here are distinguished by severe simplicity, not to say - the scarcity of their ingredients. However, a layman should not go overboard with mortification of the flesh either.
The recipe does not contain information on whether the cabbage should be boiled. He also does not say whether it is blessed to season such a dish with at least sour cream.
- Cabbage is a head of cabbage.
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- In a bowl, mix the cabbage cut into roots with olive oil.
- Add salt.
- Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Fry for half an hour at 230 degrees until the cabbage is soft and golden.
- Medium head of cabbage.
- 1 bay leaf.
- Sesame paste (tahini) - to taste.
- Any spices (fennel, dill, cumin, cardamom, etc.)
- Olive oil.
- Boil the cabbage slightly.
- Slightly "fry" the spices and bay leaves in a dry frying pan with salt.
- Transfer the cabbage into a mold, sprinkle with spices, add pepper if desired.
- Drizzle with olive oil, bake in a very hot oven (230-250 degrees) until the desired color.
- Serve with sesame paste and lemon juice.
We suggest preparing another version of baked whole cauliflower according to the video recipe:
There are other delicious recipes on our site! How to bake cauliflower with breadcrumbs is described here, and recipes for baked omelets with this vegetable can be found here.
How to serve?
All cauliflower dishes are served hot only... Separately, you can serve cream, sour cream, white croutons, finely chopped greens. Dishes cooked in pots are served in them. Cooked in the oven, cauliflower is not a side dish, but a completely independent dish. However, no one will bother you to put a good, hot and juicy cutlet from the edge of the plate - for a complete experience.
We have only slightly touched on such an immense topic as recipes for cauliflower dishes. There are an infinite number of such dishes in the world of cooking. As you know, you can't try all of them - but you need to strive for this.