We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Every flower lover can face a similar problem. After all, an orchid is a very delicate and beautiful flower that needs proper care.
The article will tell you what to do if the stem of the orchid begins to dry and how to determine the signs of the onset of drying, how to take care of the plant in the future and whether it is possible to cut off the stem that has dried up from the crown.
Why is this happening and how to externally determine the beginning of the process?
If the stem of an orchid suddenly begins to dry, then the reason for this may be a natural process - the end of the flowering phase. However, there are other key factors as well. For example, lack of nutrients in the soil, improper care or lack of timely watering. Let's take a closer look at the main reasons for the drying of the stem:
- Bad light. Often, difficulties in obtaining sunlight, which is necessary for the normal functioning of an orchid, arise in front of a florist precisely in the autumn period. This is due to the fact that daylight hours are reduced, and the orchid needs to be fed by the sun's rays. Otherwise, the growth process stops and the flower stem begins to dry out gradually.
Important! Do not overturn the plant pot or try to distribute the lighting evenly. For an orchid, this is tantamount to a stressful situation.
- Excess moisture. In this case, it is important not to flood the plant with water. Remember - it is better to let the soil of the color be slightly dry than completely moist. Otherwise, in 24 hours, the entire root system can rot and you risk losing the plant. It will be impossible to save him.
- Lack of moisture. The stem of the orchid dries up completely from a complete lack of watering. Make a watering schedule and follow it. When a plant needs water, the root system suffers and, accordingly, begins to dry out (why does an orchid dry roots?).
- Lack of nutrition with mineral fertilizers. Deficiency of magnesium, potassium, boron and phosphorus negatively affects the quality of orchid flowering. The plant stops forming new leaves, the buds dry up, and the stem turns yellow. Therefore, this is an important point in the care of an orchid.
- Sudden temperature changes. For example, if you put the plant on the balcony or in the far corner of the room, the flower is immediately stressed. Place it on a windowsill where the light will fall diffusely.
To determine the external signs of the beginning of drying, carefully examine the plant. First, the lower part, and then the upper one. If the stem turns yellow, becomes lethargic, or yellow specks appear on it, it's time to sound the alarm. Pay special attention to the leaves and buds - if they are soft and wither, then it's time to change the care of the orchid.
What does drying out threaten the plant with?
If the slightest signs of drying appear, urgent action should be taken. Otherwise, this may result in the loss of not only flowers and leaves, but also the orchid itself as a whole. Therefore, you need to start treating the plant in time so that it does not die.
- The death of peduncles (why do the flowers of an orchid dry?).
- Drying of all leaves.
- Withering of the whole orchid.
Understand why the stem began to dry out. By correcting your mistake, you will bring your flower back to life.
Step-by-step instructions: what to do if the trunk is partially dry?
- The first and most important step is to rethink your orchid care. For example, if the flower was standing on a windowsill in direct sunlight, move it to partial shade. Watch him for a while. If after a while the stem came to life, then the problem is solved. Use only filtered water for irrigation. Don't fill the flower!
- Perhaps the reason for the yellowing of the stem lies in fungi or parasites on the root. In this case, immediately cleanse the plant of pests and transplant it into a new pot.
- Apply fertilizer and parasite protection in a timely manner. Purchase the necessary products from the store and spray gently over the leaves. Or pour it into the soil.
- If this is the end of the flowering phase, then do not disturb the flower. Keep it calm and watch the plant carefully.
How to care for the plant in the future and is it possible to cut off the trunk that has dried up from the top of the head?
In order not to worry about the health of the flower, carefully study all the intricacies of caring for it. Moderate watering, the introduction of minerals, diffuse lighting and protection from parasites - all this will help keep the orchid long life. Do what you need to do and the plant will once again become a full-fledged indoor flower. Take good care of it.
Alternatively, you can try trimming the dried stem. Do this if the yellowing process is natural. Do not feel sorry for the cut flower, because soon the orchid will again delight you with bright colors of fresh buds.
remember, that the plant needs constant fertilizing to accelerate the growth of new leaves and the appearance of flowers. The temperature regime must also be stable.
Attention! If the plant dries up after flowering, do not add fertilizer during this period.
These tips will help you achieve the desired result.
Always inspect the plant, its leaves and roots. This is necessary in order to identify the problem in time and solve it. Remember, it is not difficult to remedy the situation if you detect the first signs at an early stage. We wish you success in caring for your orchid!