We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Rhododendron is a beautiful plant with delicate white flowers that can be grown for more than decorative purposes. The flower has other names as well, such as alpine tea or snow rose.
This is a truly unique plant, and how many benefits it can bring when consumed. This culture is incredibly beneficial for the human body. But before using it, it is important to understand not only the beneficial properties of rhododendron, but also the possible harm.
Is a indoor flower poisonous to the body or not?
Consider whether azalea is poisonous and can harm the body.
Is this true or myth?
Azalea contains a substance such as andromedotoxin... It belongs to neurotoxins and is poisonous. First of all, it stimulates the nervous system, which leads to its depression. Also, the substance affects the heart muscle, due to which the activity of the heart is disrupted.
Attention! With severe intoxication, coma and death are possible.
What is poisonous?
All parts of the culture are poisonous: leaves, flowers and stems. An increased concentration of andromedotoxin is found in azalea leaves.
The beneficial and harmful effects of a plant on human health
Let us analyze the health benefits and harms of azaleas growing in the house.
And although the plant has many beneficial properties, it contains andromedotoxin, which can negatively affect the human body. So when making azalea tea, you need to adhere to a clear dosage and not overdo it with the use of a medicinal drink. Otherwise, the plant has a positive effect on the well-being and health of both men and women.
In case of azalea poisoning, the following symptoms may occur:
- profuse salivation;
- burning sensation in the mouth;
- nausea, vomiting;
- severe pain in the gastrointestinal tract;
- intestinal colic;
- heart palpitations;
- weak, fast pulse;
- shallow, rapid breathing;
- pallor of the mucous membranes;
- paralysis of the limbs.
The azalea contains tannins, vitamins and minerals. In addition, rhododendron is known for its high content of vitamin C, which helps fight viruses and boosts immunity.
The following healing properties of the plant can be distinguished:
- Activates perspiration to remove harmful substances from the body.
- Treats connective tissue pathologies.
- Relaxes and calms, which has a beneficial effect on the human nervous system.
- Helps to normalize body temperature during menopause and eliminate its drops.
- It is an excellent antipyretic agent.
- Removes excess cholesterol from the body.
- It has the ability to burn fats, so rhododendron is an indispensable tool for those who want to lose weight.
- It is a diuretic, helping to rid the body of excess fluid.
- Rhododendron possesses bactericidal properties, due to which it is possible to stop the active reproduction and growth of pathogenic microflora, as well as lead to their death.
- Treats bone diseases.
- Handles pain during critical days.
- The plant helps with various degrees of poisoning, as it removes toxins, toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Treats cardiovascular pathologies.
- Helps eliminate inflammation in the prostate gland.
What are the benefits of different types of azaleas?
This plant helps to increase energy tone, saturates the human body with strength. In addition, leaves, stems and rhododendron Adams flowers have the following beneficial and medicinal properties:
- increases efficiency and endurance;
- increases potency in men;
- activates brain activity and improves mood;
- normalizes metabolic processes in organisms;
- strengthens the body's defenses;
- inhibits painful microflora in the gastrointestinal tract;
- increases the body's resistance to pain, stress and clinical changes;
- controls the performance of the heart, strengthens blood vessels and reduces their permeability;
- eliminates fatigue and irritability;
- relieves headache;
- normalizes blood pressure;
- cleanses the respiratory tract and kidneys;
- eliminates hangover syndrome.
This type of plant is actively used in the treatment of pathologies of the heart and blood vessels. Also, the positive properties of the use of medicinal herbs in folk medicine for rheumatic diseases, with increased pressure were noted, in general, the Caucasian rhododendron has the same medicinal properties as other types of azalea.
In traditional medicines, azalea leaves, stems and flowers of this medicinal plant are used. Consider how golden Kashkara is useful, what properties it has. This type of rhododendron is effective for:
- heart failure;
- violation of general or local blood circulation;
- with high venous pressure.
Besides, golden rhododendron has the following properties:
- has a diuretic effect;
- stimulates blood circulation;
- removes excess fluid from the body;
- eliminates shortness of breath;
- stabilizes the efficiency of the heart muscle.
Azalea is distinguished by pronounced antibacterial properties, therefore it effectively fights against common pathogenic bacteria and a wide range of intestinal microorganisms.
You can use golden rhododendron in the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity:
Read more about the types of azaleas here.
Step-by-step instructions: how to make medicinal tea from a plant?
Consider a method of preparing a healing drink that normalizes blood pressure, stimulates blood circulation and has other medicinal properties.
Preparation of inventory and ingredients
You can preserve the beneficial properties of a culture if you properly prepare the raw materials:
- Choose a plant that is no more than 2 years old.
- Collect leaves and flowers during the flowering period.
- Spread out to dry them in a thin layer in a dry and well-ventilated room, where there is no direct sunlight.
- leaves - 4 pcs.;
- boiling water - 1 glass;
- milk - 1 glass.
- metal saucepan with a lid;
- gauze or sieve.
Brewing with the correct dosage
- Place the raw materials on the bottom of a metal pan.
- Pour in a glass of hot water.
- Simmer over the fire for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and leave the product under the lid for 5-6 minutes.
- Filter and add milk at room temperature.
- Bring to a boil, cool and take.
Important! To improve the taste of the medicinal drink, you can add a little honey to it.
Prepared tea can not be consumed by everyone, there are such contraindications:
- individual intolerance, allergies;
- kidney pathology;
- tissue necrosis.
What if I got poisoned with azalea?
If you do not provide timely first aid to the victim in case of rhododendron poisoning, then a coma or death may occur. Therefore, it is so important to take the following measures:
- Call an ambulance.
- Rinse the victim's stomach. To do this, give him plenty of salted water or a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Induce vomiting, and for this to put pressure on the root of the tongue. This procedure should be carried out several times until clear liquid begins to leave.
- Give a cleansing enema.
- Give the victim a sorbent. For 5 kg of weight, 1 tablet of Activated Carbon is needed. You can also use Smecta, Enterosgel or Lactofiltrum.
Before the ambulance arrives, the victim must be in bed. Put a cold compress on your head and give strong tea.
Rhododendron is not only a beautiful plant, but also a very useful plant for the human body. It is effective in the treatment of various diseases and will not cause harm if the dosage is correctly observed when preparing the tea and during its intake.