We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cauliflower and broccoli salad, in addition to its pleasant taste and ease of preparation, is distinguished by the presence of a huge amount of useful substances: vitamins, minerals and other trace elements important for the body, which makes this dish indispensable on the table both on weekdays and on holidays.
Cauliflower is a type of cabbage that is rich in trace elements and vitamins. The composition is dominated by vitamins C and K, which are necessary for the normal functioning of connective and bone tissue, as well as for healthy kidney function.
In terms of vitamin A content, broccoli is the record holder among cabbage plants. For example, cabbage contains 0.3% vitamin A (3 mcg per 100 g of product), and broccoli - 42.9% (386 mcg). The norm for the body is 900 mcg per day.
The benefits and harms of a cold vegetable dish
Cauliflower and broccoli are considered dietary foods, which are rich in all sorts of elements in their composition, namely:
- vitamins A, B, C;
- as well as all sorts of natural acids.
Thus, a salad of these vegetables will help reduce the level of bad cholesterol, strengthen blood vessels, have an anti-inflammatory effect, and will also be an excellent prevention of colds.
Vegetables have a beneficial effect on brain function by improving memory. Folic acid content has a positive effect on the nervous system and women's health.
However, it should be remembered that in the use of cabbage, like any other product, moderation is important.
This dish is contraindicated in the following cases: with spasms and irritation of the intestines, with gastritis with high acidity, with peptic ulcer disease, gout and high blood pressure, as well as allergy sufferers and those who suffer from intolerance to any of the components.
- calorie content - 61 kcal;
- proteins - 3 g;
- fats - 3 g;
- carbohydrates - 6 gr.
Step-by-step cooking instructions with photo
There are many recipes for broccoli and cauliflower salads.... Below are step-by-step instructions for preparing some of them with a photo.
First of all, you need to prepare both types of cabbage in advance by washing and dividing them into small inflorescences for convenience.
The classic way
- cabbage of two types - broccoli and cauliflower - 200 grams each;
- fresh greens - one bunch;
- one jar of green peas;
- olive oil - 1-2 tablespoons;
- salt and spices to taste.
- Boil vegetables in salted water for 15 minutes, remove and cool (read how to cook cauliflower and broccoli correctly here).
- Transfer to a salad bowl, add green peas and herbs, mix everything, then pour in olive oil, add spices and salt and mix again.
The salad can be prepared in a slightly different way, adding sweet corn instead of green peas, and olive oil can be replaced with mayonnaise or sour cream, which will give the dish a completely new flavor.
Alternative with crab sticks
- cabbage mixture of cauliflower and broccoli, you can take frozen - 1 pack;
- crab sticks - one pack;
- four hard-boiled chicken eggs;
- sour cream and mayonnaise, 1-2 tablespoons each or yogurt without additives;
- fresh herbs;
- salt-spices to taste.
- Lightly fry the frozen vegetables in a pan to thaw, then add a little water and simmer until tender, for 15 minutes. Cool down. Grind slightly if necessary.
- Chop ready-made cabbage, crab sticks, eggs and fresh herbs, pour over sour cream with mayonnaise or yogurt, salt and mix thoroughly.
An alternative way is to add celery, carrots and canned green peas to the main ingredients, seasoning with light mayonnaise mixed with lemon juice and dry herbs.
Variation with ginger-garlic sauce
- cabbage of both types - 200 g each;
- cherry tomatoes - 5-7 pieces;
- bell pepper - 1 piece;
- grated or finely chopped ginger - 1-2 tablespoons;
- garlic - 3-4 cloves;
- olive oil - a couple of spoons;
- butter - about half a pack;
- spicy salt.
- Put olive oil on low heat, add ginger, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic and butter. Make sure that the butter melts, but does not boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and cool. The filling is ready.
- Cut all the vegetables, boil the cabbage and slightly chop its inflorescences if necessary (you can find out how much broccoli to cook to make it tasty and healthy here).
- Pour in the prepared sauce and mix well.
Another option for cooking is to add a teaspoon of honey and a couple of small tablespoons of sesame oil to the sauce, which will add spice and sweetness.
Walnut and vegetable dish
What is needed:
- broccoli and cauliflower - half a fork of each type;
- a glass of walnuts;
- three cloves of garlic;
- mayonnaise - a couple of spoons for dressing;
- greens, salt, pepper to taste.
How to cook:
- Separate the pre-boiled cabbage from the hard stems and chop not too finely.
- Chop the nuts, also not too finely.
- Season with mayonnaise and crushed garlic, salt, mix and leave to soak for several hours in the refrigerator.
- When the dish is marinated, add fresh herbs.
You can diversify the dish by including salted cheese, and instead of mayonnaise, take sour cream or unsweetened yogurt.
Variation with apple and almond
- 200 grams of broccoli and cauliflower;
- one big apple;
- a handful of almonds;
- almond and olive oil - 2 tablespoons each;
- salt, spices.
- Boil the cabbage, then cool and chop.
- Chop the almonds. Slice the apple.
- Mix olive oil and almond oil with sea salt or spicy salt.
- Combine all ingredients, seasoning with a mixture of oils and spices.
To give the dish a new taste, you can add a little honey and crushed garlic to the dressing, and put a few cranberries in the salad itself. You can also take sour cream or yogurt instead of butter.
Cheese and radish
What is necessary:
- halves of medium heads of cabbage of two types - cauliflower and broccoli;
- finely grated cheese - 50 gr;
- radish - 2 small pieces;
- cream or yoghurt without additives - one package;
- fresh herbs and salt to taste.
How to cook:
- Boil cabbage for 10-15 minutes, divide into small inflorescences. If the stems are too tough, cut them off.
- Cut the radishes, put them in a salad bowl and mix with the cabbage.
- Sprinkle with cheese, add cream, season with salt and pepper and stir again.
You can also prepare the dish by using olive oil instead of yogurt and adding pine nuts to the prepared salad.
Hearty chicken dish
- packaging of two types of frozen cabbage 500 gr (read how to make a dish of frozen cauliflower and broccoli here);
- one medium chicken fillet;
- fresh or frozen mushrooms - 300 gr;
- a few pickled cucumbers;
- Fry the cabbage in a pan until tender, also fry the mushrooms (you can learn how to cook broccoli quickly and tasty in a pan here).
- Boil the chicken and cut into squares.
- Cut all the vegetables, send all the ingredients to the salad bowl, season with mayonnaise and, with salt, mix.
The second cooking option: prepare the cabbage in the same way and chop, chop the chicken, put everything in a salad bowl, sprinkle with grated cheese and season with mayonnaise.
Several easy and quick variations:
- Boil the cabbage, mix with green peas and corn, add feta cheese and ayberg lettuce. Season with olive oil with herbs and spices.
- Mix boiled eggs, corn, crab sticks and both types of cabbage, pouring everything with yogurt.
- Pour broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil and crushed garlic.
Serve such hearty and healthy salads as a side dish for white fish, as well as as an appetizer before the main course. Highly it's good if the salad stands in the cold for a while and soak well before serving. You need to eat it chilled.
Cauliflower and broccoli salad can be prepared in many ways, making it light and dietary, hearty and nutritious, or even sweet with honey and apples, but it always remains amazingly tasty and healthy.